Here are a few interesting facts about umbrellas:
- They are one of the oldest artifacts in history--so old that no one knows the origin or if it was first used to protect against the rain or the sun.
- The annual market for umbrellas in the United States, alone, is around $350 million.
- The superstition that it's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors originated in ancient Africa. When umbrellas were first introduced on that continent, they were used as protection from the sun. If they were opened in the shade, the Africans thought it would insult the sun god & bring wrath to the offender.
- John Wilkes Booth asked President Lincoln for a few dollars to buy a new umbrella in 1864.
- 75,000 umbrellas are lost on London's bus or subway systems each year.
As soon as the skies turn dark & rain is in the forecast, stores in LA bring out their umbrella displays. These are usually sold out within a few hours with desperate customers trying to persuade sales people to look in the back room in hopes there are still some sitting in unopened boxes.
In many parts of the country, umbrellas are used all year & are always within arms' reach, whether in a car, office or home. It's not unusual for people to have more than one, so if there's an unexpected downpour an umbrella will always be close by & they won't be caught off guard.
With all this in mind, umbrellas make useful & appreciative promotional imprinted products. Logos can be boldly displayed in one or several panels. These become traveling billboards for your business.
This is the time to be more creative than ever. You want your logo to show & be recognized, but at the same time not be too commercial looking. Now, more than ever, you need to think about making your company name fun, fashionable & striking. A logo needs to be more design-oriented than it is on a pad of paper or a pen if you want your customers to use it. A distinctive image & eye-catching color will make these an absolute hit!
They are not only seen on city streets on overcast, rainy days. Golf courses, beaches & parks become crowded with umbrellas when the weather is warm & sunny. That's why they make successful customized promotional items.
Umbrellas are always in season......all year long!
Why not customize umbrellas to promote your business? The holidays are quickly creeping up on us & these promotional custom products make great gifts.
IT'S YOUR COMPANY........SHOW IT OFF!!!Ronni Sherman