I miss those bright colored leaves & how the trees painted a picture more colorful than any master artist could. In California they turn gold in November. But what fun now to see pumpkin patches crop up everywhere & all the pumpkin displays in the grocery stores.
Here are some interesting facts & history about Halloween. Did you know:
1. The celebration of Halloween started in the United States as an autumn harvest festival. In pioneer days, Americans celebrated with corn-popping parties, taffy pulls & hayrides.
2. With the large increase of Irish immigrants to the US in the late 19th century, Halloween became associated with ghosts, goblins & witches. It was a tradition the Irish brought across the Atlantic with them.
3. Jack-O-Lanterns are also an Irish tradition. In Ireland, oversized rutabagas, turnips & potatoes were hollowed out & carved into faces & then lit with candles to be used as lanterns during Halloween celebrations.
4. The word "witch" comes from the Old Saxon word "wica" & means "wise one". Witches were once respected dealers in charms, medicinal herbs & tellers of fortunes.
5. The pumpkin originated in Mexico about 9,000 years ago & is one of America's oldest known vegetables. They generally weigh from 15 - 30 pounds but can grow to be as big as 200 pounds.
Want to stand out from your competitors? Get in the spirit of the holiday & give out promotional wholesale products in October that have a Halloween theme.
Here are some customized promotional items for you to give out to your customers:
1. Small snack sized chocolate bars with your name & logo on the wrapper. This is premium chocolate & will be a definite treat for everyone.
2. Life-Saver rolls, small packages of nuts or candy, bags of trail mix. The list is endless when it comes to snacks & all can be imprinted with your company name & logo.
3. Micro-wave bags of popcorn, packets of tea, coffee or hot chocolate imprinted with your logo & name. These are more unusual & will stand out because they're unique.
4. Packages of gum with your logo & company information on the package. There are 12 pieces to a pack with a wide variety of flavors to choose from. The packages are full color & have plenty of room for your advertising message.
5. Pencils that are topped with a pumpkin or coloring & activity books with tips on safety. These are perfect if your target audience is children-oriented. If local schools are having Halloween carnivals, these are good to leave off & be distributed there. Your company name will be seen & noticed for caring about your community.
6. Drinkware or candy dishes with your logo & filled with candy corn. This could be an early holiday gift for your loyal customers. Beat the crowd & give them an appreciation gift before everyone else does. Your gift & your company will make an impact this holiday season.
7. Biodegradable plastic bags or recyclable non-woven bags. These have a fun holiday motif & list the do's & don't's for a safe Halloween along with your logo & company name. They are colorful & strong & can easily be used for trick or treat bags.
Have fun during this month of Halloween. Don't forget to take time out from your busy schedule to enjoy the holiday!
IT'S YOUR COMPANY......SHOW IT OFF!!!Ronni Sherman