Customer retention is one of the most important aspects of business. Making sure clients are happy with a brand is a key part to succeeding in a very competitive marketplace. The likelihood of business retention increases by 18 percent through the use of promotional imprinted products. Give out something with your name boldly displayed & your company will be visible day in & day out.
People want to feel appreciated & may be likely to return if they feel that the business cares. Using customized promotional items as an incentive is a great way to build relationships. The public appreciates a personal touch instead of being treated like faceless consumers on one end of transactions. Businesses can go the extra mile with these products & create a lasting bond with the people that come through their doors.
Here are the results of a survey conducted by the Advertising Specialties Institute (ASI) on the effectiveness of promotional imprinted products:
- 92% of the people questioned believe branded promotional merchandise increases company identity.
- 76% say they can name a brand or company/organization featured on a promotional product that's on their desk without having to look for confirmation.
- 52% purchased from companies that gave them branded promotional merchandise--that's over half.
- 83% would keep an item they were given rather than give it away.
- 83% would keep the items for themselves.
- 14% would pass it on to a collegue.
- 3% would give it to a family member.
Interestingly, the survey also shows that more women than men are able to recall company names of promotional custom products that were given to them.
Top 3 reasons why people keep promotional items:
- Value of the product--how valuable it is to them.
- Need for reference.
- Coffee Mugs
- Post-It Notes
- Note Pads
- Drinkware (other than coffee mugs)
- Shopping Bags
- Mouse Pads
- Calendar Desk Pads/ Calendars
- Key Tags
The top 10 that my customers want the most:
- Note Pads/ Sticky Notes
- Shopping & Tote Bags (all sizes & styles)
- Drinkware (other than mugs)
- Hand Sanitizers
- Lip Balm
- Ceramic Coffee Mugs
- Stress Items
- Mouse Pads
Desk Top Cell Phone Holders & Apparel
So the main question shouldn't be "why?", but "what". What promotional items should you buy that will benefit your customers & your company as well? Good luck!
IT'S YOUR COMPANY........SHOW IT OFF!!!